A. The Trust does not make use of formal application forms.
B. Applications must be made in writing and posted (not by email) to the Trust’s Administrator. Applications will not be acknowledged nor will you be notified if your application is unsuccessful.
C. Applicants should:
- Clearly identify the name of the organisation which is making the application and its status as a registered charity or provide other evidence of the organisation’s charitable purpose. The Trust will only donate to organisations that are UK registered charities or who are able to provide evidence of their charitable purpose
- Explain the project or activity for which the grant is requested and how it meets the Trust’s policy as described in The Trust’s Grant Policy
- Explain who will benefit from the project or activity and show that the benefit is sustainable
- Identify the likely costs of the project/activity and explain what other finance is sought or is available. The Trustees need to understand if and when the project/activity will actually go ahead
- Explain if the project/activity will be managed or organised by paid staff and/or volunteers and the numbers involved
- Include a copy of the organisation’s last audited accounts
- The Charles Littlewood Hill Trust and The Lady Hind Trust are connected and administered in unison. Please only apply to one Trust.
D. The trustees meet in March July and November each year and applications for consideration at these meetings must be received by January 20th, May 20th or September 20th respectively.